The Swamp cooler is a machine that can be used in many departments.
Apart from being a cost-effective alternative to the air conditioner the machine also improves indoor air quality in many ways.
It's Also Environmentally Friendly
Air coolers are made up of many parts that work together to maintain the evaporative cooling process. For the process to work properly and produce the desired result, these parts must be in top shape.
One of the most important parts of an air cooler is its cooling pads. These are the cooling pads that allow for evaporative cooling.
The hot air is drawn into the cooler and made to pass through the cooling pad. It is during this process that the heat energy contained in the cooling pads is used to cause the evaporation of water from the constantly wet pads.
Cooling pads are made of cooler, moistened air. This is the same air that is blown from the machine and circulated in the room to cool it.
The evaporative cooling pads of the Evaporative Coolers play an important role in cooling the process. There are many types of cooling pads and each one has its advantages and disadvantages.
Manufacturers will determine the pads that your machine comes with. However, once you need to replace the pads, it is important to understand the differences between the types of pads so you can make an informed decision when changing them.
There Are Two Main Types Of Air Coolers Cooling Pads:
- Aspen wood wool cooling pads
- Cooling pads honeycomb
Each of these cooling pads will be discussed separately. However, if you're in a rush, the table below will give you all the information you need about the cooling pads.
Aspen Wood Wool Cooling Pads
- Many simply refer to these pads as Aspen cooling pads. They look almost like grass when viewed from the Aspen cooling pad.
- Although these cooling pads do a good job of keeping enough moisture to evaporative cool, they are not the best option.
- These cooling pads have some positive aspects but are not as good quality as honeycomb cooling pads.
- Aspen cooling pads are affordable. They are an economical choice for those who are tight on their budget.
- Air coolers with aspen cooling pads originally are much cheaper than honeycomb pads.
Honeycomb Cooling Pads
- These cooling pads for air conditioners look a lot like honeycombs, hence their name. They are usually made from cellulose material. They look strong and reliable when compared to honeycomb cooling pads.
- They can retain enough water for the correct evaporative cooling process.
- Honeycomb cooling pads are undoubtedly superior to wood wool pads. You can also expect them to perform better.
- These pads are much more efficient than the aspen wood wool pads, and they are used in high-end evaporative coolers. These pads are also popular in desert coolers.
- Honeycomb cooling pads are also very easy to maintain.
- They will need to be cleaned and maintained, but not as often as if you were using wood wool pads.
- Honeycomb pads are also the best in terms of durability. Even with minimal maintenance, honeycomb pads are much more durable than Aspen Wood Wool Pads.
- However, it is vital that you inspect the pads as often as possible. It is important to change the pads when you notice they are dirty. This will ensure that your evaporative cooling system works efficiently.